Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Kanye West What are u thinking

I just want to take a moment and thank my long time readers I would not be here with out you thank you. I have not posted in a while because I could not get on the computer after taking so many bad beats on full tlt I was so mad. So I am back now and should try to post every day.

I wanted to talk about Kayne west new video "can't tell me nothing" You can download it for free on I tune but as a Kanye West fan I think that the song is kinda weak as is the video. The lyrics of the song go down hill after the first verse. It is not a horrible song but I don't think this should be his first single. You want to come out with a number one hit to get everyone waiting for your CD and this song dose not get me excited about his new CD,. I know that the video is free on I tunes and he is not going to make any money off of it but come on make a better video then Kayne standing in a desert with smoke and some red and green lights. What were they thinking when they made this video, it must of cost $100 to make. Check it out let me know what you guys think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, let's talk about this.

Pros: Visually stimulating. The desert with Kanye and all the camera angles makes a cool mood. It makes him seem alone in the world, and gives him some authority to say the things he says.

Cons: There is no story, nothing happens, and nothing fits together. Be real, where does that car come from, and why? Why does he move out of the desert for the smoke shots? Who's the girl wiggling all around the screen. For real.

Take it back a record. The Jesus walks videos were mindblowing. The had something of a story line, something of a message, a mood, a drive. They were outstanding. This video is sad because Kanye has so much potential, but flops, walking around the desert and complaining about his money.

Voltron.

Sports and Music Talk said...

The Director of the video is spike lee so I excpected so much more but I don't know if he had to do a rush video to put it out there or what. The Lable might of made him made a video but it should still be better then this. I agree with Voltron there is not plot of nothing I did like the colors that were used in the video kind of remined me of how the movie 300 was shot but that was the only thing I really liked.

Unknown said...

the only part i like about the video is the girl. it is kinda cool how her dress/clothing is flowing around in the wind. it creates a neat visual.

Anonymous said...

And honestly, what is a video without a girl.

voltron